Intertwined Lives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intertwined Lives

A Harry Potter Role-Playing Group

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alice Fortescue/Alecto Carrow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alecto Carrow

Alecto Carrow

Alice Fortescue/Alecto Carrow Empty
PostSubject: Alice Fortescue/Alecto Carrow   Alice Fortescue/Alecto Carrow Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:10 pm

{I wish we had the beginning of all this. The whole fight isnt here. :-(}

Alice

Collapsing down to the ground in surprise at the additional blows, Alice doesn't even realize that her face has begun bleeding with the scratches left there. In fact, there's only just enough reaction time left in her to avoid allowing the girl to get a good grip on her head. In moments Alice has wriggled away. Even on the ground beside her, blood staining her starched white shirt, the seething fury she feels for the girl is the only thing on her mind.

In moments Alice has reacted to the sickening insults tossed in her direction. Throwing herself onto Carrow, she sends a well placed blow of her elbow against the girl's throat, working overtime to pin her to the ground with one free hand while forcing the Slytherin's mouth shut with the other. She is panting, over exerted, but by no means is she weak enough at this point to allow herself to be overpowered, her body heaving all the while.

"...-LISTEN- you little over intensified egotistical twit!" she answers, her eyes fixing on the other as she speaks. "-YOU- have no place here! -You- are the dirty little sickminded pureblood spitting at me like the animal that you are! -You- are the one who can't handle the fact that there can be others out there better than you! That there -ARE- others out there better than you! You want to see -pureblood-, look there!" she turns the girls head, surprisingly gently, in the direction of several shocked students, among them, Lily Evans. "...Look there and take it in! Because there will -never- be anyone that will fit the definition of purity any better than the people you see staring at you right now!" Abruptly releasing her, Alice is quick to move off of the girl, wiping her face with the tips of her robes. A quick glance around her suddenly reveals several teachers approaching.

....Crap!

Alecto

Alecto was rather impressed with the girl for getting the best of her. She had her pinned very well to the ground and Alecto could not move as much as she tried, trying to catch her breath in the process. Granted, she felt like vomiting at on watchers, especially the Evans girl, but the approaching Professors made her stomach turn to knots. It was the last thing she needed. She could not get thrown out of school, not after just coming back from being suspended. "Bloody hell." She mumbled. "I can't get kicked out. This is all I have right now." She rolled over and picked her sore self up. Alice really could handle herself and she looked at her then rather differently. Alice's last words rang in her ears, but she didn't care, she would think about that later. An animal? Was she really all that bad? Now she had to deal with the repercussions of her actions. As always.

"Miss Carrow, Miss Fortescue. Please explain yourselves.” They questioned while looking back and forth at the two disheveled, bloodied students. Alecto wiped the blood from her face with her white sleeve, with a smirk. She was quite proud of herself and the damage she did as well to Alice. “No, instead both of you go and clean yourselves up Miss Fortescue, be in the Headmasters office in one hour. Miss Carrow, two. Now go!”

Wonderful! Alice would be questioned first and make Alecto out to be the one responsible. She knew she was, but it was Alice who brought her out there, and it was Alice who laid a hand on her first. The girl should have known, given Alecto’s history what should could have done. “Fine.” Alecto eyed the girl dangerously as she walked by her and headed for the school. She was going to search out Sirius first. Her fate was now in Alice’s hands.

Alice

"Miss Carrow, Miss Fortescue. Please explain yourselves."

Those words made her heart immediately stop racing as Alice looked up at the Professor, his youthful eyes cold and dour. Absentmindedly, and all but unaware of Alecto rising to stand beside her, Alice furrowed a brow in turn, her mouth as silent as a mouse as her hands rose to wipe away the blood pooling on her cheeks. Explain ourselves? Honestly...what kind of stupid question was that? Did Professor Slughorn seriously think that they both were going to stand there and tell him why the whole situation had come to blows? Definitely not!

Her frown deepened, silencing herself almost immediately after the man had spoken the words. A quick and ice cold glance around him, and he immediately called out, waving the rest of the student body away. "...Back to work, back to work the rest of you!" he cried out, the scowl deep on his face as they began to disperse. "...This is none of your concern! Go!" At the sound of his voice Alice immediately closed her eyes, feeling the throbbing in her head returning from where she had struck it on the ground. It was fairly obvious that there would probably be a nasty bump under her hair line as a result of this run-in...but at the moment that was certainly the least of the Hufflepuff's concerns. Her eyes opening soon after, she met the glowering look of the Professor once again, his gaze shifting between the two of them before speaking once again.

"No, instead both of you go and clean yourselves up. Miss Fortescue! Be in the Headmaster's office in one hour. Miss Carrow, two. Now go!"

Rounding on them both, the Professor was quick to vanish, but not before throwing a look of pure disgust in their direction. Looking after him, Alice's frown only deepened, the robe still pressed against her cheek to stem the flow of blood. A furtive glance at her enemy revealed a look of pure triumph that made her want to beat her senseless. But, rather than do that, she allowed Alecto to leave in the end, watching her vanish into the building before following behind. She didn't use the lavatory as the other girl. Instead, climbing to the second floor, she used the lavatory there, cleaning herself up as best she could before making her way back towards her dormitory.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Some time later

"Miss Fortescue. This is shocking, to say the least....what are you doing here? And why do you look like you're a mess?!"

Sitting there quietly opposite the Headmaster, Alice had dipped into the room quietly exactly an hour later. She hadn't said a word in response to the man's words, and as the seconds wore on, Alice could feel the awkwardness of the situation beginning to grow. It had taken a visit to the hospital wing to find herself bandaged up, and she was sure she looked like a complete mess.

A compress had been placed behind her head to help prevent the swelling from growing. Several ugly bandages had been placed on her face as well, leaving only just little bits of skin showing here and there on her cheeks. The muscles in her stomach were in complete and utter agony, and hopped up on the various medicines that the nurse had given her, Alice was more than a bit distracted at the moment, tunnel vision occupying most of her attention as she struggled to get a good look at the Headmaster as he continued speaking.

"...You are a model student...how is this going to look once word is spread around school that you allowed Miss Carrow to get to you the way that you did?! Granted she is not exactly the perfect example....but really! Really!" he continued, his voice rising an octave as he continued to speak. It caused Alice to wince in turn, and catching himself as he noticed that, the man lowered his tone some to calm himself.

"Don't you have anything to say for yourself....?" he asked. "No explanation at all?"

"...No, sir." she answered softly, shrugging the answer home as she leaned forward, rubbing her temples. It would have been so easy to just admit the fact that Alecto had begun the fight....that the threat of retaliation on her end had caused them to even speak at all. But, as always, Alice's private nature had overruled itself, and an odd sort of respect for the Slytherin girl had krept up in the hour that had passed since their fight, causing the better part of the Hufflepuff to decide against hammering the final nail in the coffin of Alecto Carrow, and send her off into oblivion. It was a favor the girl wouldn't even begin to be able to repay....not that she would ever try.

But it would definitely be a good card to play if she ever attempted to step up again.

"It was a misunderstanding." Alice continued simply. "....We're both to blame."

In an act of surprising theatricality, Alice winced again, her gaze shifting towards the floor as she faked an onset of some more aches and pain. "..May I be excused?" she asked finally, frowning. "I think I've said enough."

A brief pause was what she received in answer before the Headmaster quickly waved her off, leaving Alice to exit the room almost as quickly as she had appeared. Of course the tiniest hint of suspicion surrounded the man, but calling in Slughorn, he abruptly spoke once again.

"...Summon Miss Carrow." he said simply, a frown deep on his face. "And tell her she had better appear this time. Her school career is riding on this conversation."

Alecto

She watched Sirius walk away after she had ended things with him, for the time being. It was a relief, but at the same time, she felt a bit sad. The time she had been spending with him, felt good, even though she was always still being pulled into the opposite direction, where she belonged. Where she belonged? She wished she could make that choice for herself. With a sigh she turned on her heel and headed for her rooms to change and head to the Headmasters’ office. She knew by now that Alice would be in there with him, and who knew what stories she would have told him. She expected the worst, knowing she deserved it.

As Alecto headed for Dumbledore’s office, she passed Alice along the way, and it felt as if time slowed when they passed each other. Her eyes were locked on the other as they passed until she heard Slughorn’s voice. Directly in front of her. She stopped short for it was obvious he was there for her. “Miss Carrow! The Headmaster wants to see you know. I presume this will be the last I will see of you this year. I had hoped you would have behaved yourself, since returning, but as expected, you proved yourself true to nature. I fear when you finally understand the potential you have within you, it will be to late. Good day, Miss Carrow.”

He walked around her with a snort, and Alecto could not help but just stand there. She lowered her head and sighed. If that was short of what she expected from the Headmaster….she almost turned around, thinking of just escaping, but knew she had to face it. Everyone at Hogwarts thought very little of her, except for Sirius and Rabastan. Sirius…no boy ever looked at her the way he did. Granted, as of recently Rodolphus had showed a small interest, but she only assumed it was to keep her close, so she wouldn’t drift off track, which she had to admit, she had been doing lately, thanks to Sirius. So she raised her head high, and walked around the corner and up to the Headmaster’s office.

“Ah, Miss Carrow. Good morning, please have a seat.” With her hands behind her back, she takes the seat of the all to familiar chair, in front of his desk. In front of her, on his desk was the recent copy of the Daily Prophet. Cover page; it covered the recent attacks from Death Eaters. Three muggles left for dead. She showed no reaction to the paper and instead looked away from it.

“Yes, I see you have noticed the latest news. Tragedy, isn’t?” He sits sat down at his desk, and reaches for the paper, but instead of looking at it, his gaze is directed at Alecto. “Can I easily say that you haven’t found things as easy as you hoped, since your return to us, Miss Carrow?”

Still not looking his way, she shakes her head, and starts twiddling with her fingers. Professor Dumbledore sees her discomfort and merely nods. “I see. Well, I fear expelling you for your recent outbursts, will do you more harm then good. Given the rising circumstances.” He speaks around the subject, but Alecto knows all to well his point, and shifts even more uncomfortably in her seat. “So, I have decided to give you both a reprieve. And with doing so, you both will have detention together for one month, doing various jobs around the castle, and no leaving the school for any reasons on the weekends. I believe that is the best plan of action for the time being.” He had hoped putting them together, would actually do them both some good; to see each other in a different light, and to possibly form some type of relationship with one another. He was also well aware of her secret relationship with Sirius Black, and he had seen the improvement with her mannerisms, but he also started to see the conflict within her. Which was one reason, why he was not expelling her. He needed to keep her close in hopes that Sirius’ influence would cause a change of heart within her, and also, by putting her alongside Alice, in hopes that within time, they may actually become friends. He trusted Alice enough to be able to see the good in Alecto, and put aside her prejudgment of her. In turn, he hoped Alecto would give Alice a chance. He makes a mental note to have a nice conversation with Sirius Black, in regards to Miss Carrow.

Alecto gritted her teeth at her punishment, but breathes easy knowing she will not be expelled. “May I go now, please.” She barely voices. All she wants now is an escape from his stare.

“Yes. However, Miss Carrow, I do not want to see you in here again, unless it is something of merit.” He gives her his nod so she may go, and she basically jumps out of her seat and leaves.

Once she returns to her common room, she is rushed by three Slytherin first years, who tell her the new gossip circling the school, which was started by no other then Sirius Black. The confess to her that Black was telling everyone that the reason why herself and Alice had fought; was over Rabastan. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. What was she thinking, of course she believed he would do that, especially after just telling her earlier, that Alice and Rabastan had been snogging lately. The thing that bothered her the most, was if it was true, why had Rabastan not told her, himself.

It was a little after noon, and she was suppose to meet Rabastan, so she would ask him herself. What she was really not looking forward too, was her first night of detention with Alice that night. She rolled her eyes at the thought and walked off to meet Rabastan.

Back to top Go down
Alecto Carrow

Alecto Carrow

Alice Fortescue/Alecto Carrow Empty
PostSubject: Alice/Alecto Snippet   Alice Fortescue/Alecto Carrow Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Alecto

Scrubbing the floors in the Potions room, wondering where Alice is.

Alice

Wandering into the potions room, slowing only slightly as she recognizes Alecto already there, scrubbing the floors. She's silent for a moment. Inevitably, however, she sighs, wandering in further and nodding a quick hello to the girl. "...Morning." she mumbles quietly, tying back her mess of hair before kneeling down beside her and reaching for a brush. "...I wonder how long this insanity is going to take."

Alecto

She watches the girl come in back keeps on scrubbing. "Morning." She mumbles in reply. "Until they say stop, what do expect?" She answered sarcastically. "We do not have to speak, ya know." She rolled her eyes in disgust. She was already quite annoyed with how her day started, and Alice just happened to be in her line of fire.

Alice

"Yeah, well...I don't exactly feel like being a monk at the moment. Forgive me." came Alice's answer, throwing a hard look at Alecto. A sigh escaping her, she was quick to look away, growing silent soon after-wards. Her gaze came to rest on the ground, and with the brush in her left hand, she began scrubbing circles on her spot in the floor, observing in disgust as the suds turned gray and black with dirt. Disgusting.

Alecto

She slams the brush and looks at the Alice. "Why do you do that? Make things bigger then what they are? If you had just ignored what your 'little bird' told you we wouldn't even be in this mess. It's your fault. If I was going to do anything to you, I would have done it right there in the hall." She lowered her voice before she continued. "I am actually trying to stay out trouble. Believe it or not. Now because of this, the rumor mill is going crazy." She was speaking of the whole matter with Rabastan, of course.

Alice

"Oh? So I was going to just -believe- that you were going to let -everything- go? Last I checked, -I- was the one walking away, hypocrite! You were the one who blindsided me with that hopeless attack!" she answers, craning her head to catch a better view of the angry girl. A scowl appeared on her face before returning her attention to the floor, not even phased by the other's snapping. Already she was growing used to it...and her hand continued scrubbing, just a little harder now. "If you didn't want a problem, then you shouldn't have set the ball rolling in the first place, giving my 'bird' reason to chirp in my ear." It is there she grows silent, a loud sigh escaping her at the mention of the rumor mill. "...What are they saying now? Have we gone off and grown three heads and a tail? My senses are telling me one name. Sirius Black. He's sorely pushing his luck, Carrow."

Alecto

"Me? You really think I started all of this. Do you not remember your comment to Missa that began this whole thing? Of course I was going to have her back. Friends do that. And you are the one you asked me to walk with you, and 'you' are the one who laid your hands on me first. Do you really think I could have just stood by and let you do that?" She sat back on her legs and wiped her the sweat from her brow.
"There are things people expect of me, and letting someone touch me, and me not react, is a big one. I would never hear the end of it. As for Sirius Black, yes he is the one who is saying it! I am surprised you haven't heard, since it involves you, and Rabastan, and that you and I were fighting over him. Apparently, he broadcast-ed it in the halls. I swear I don't understand why he did that." She continues on, forgetting for a moment who she is talking to. "He knows it's a bold face lie, especially since he and I have been together. I had to end it, I was just tired of..." She stops then, realizing what she just said. She bites her lip and looks away. "Never mind me." She picks up the brush and starts back on her task.

Alice

She listens to those words with only half an ear, a scowl on her face as her gaze remains forever fixed on the floor that she continues to scrub. Needless to say Alice is at the point of rising and skipping the punishment to go out and hunt down Black herself when she is suddenly stopped in her tracks. Her hands frozen on the brush, she blinks, recognizing the last bit of words escaping Alecto as she speaks. -...What?- Needless to say Alice is shocked for a full several moments as her gaze remains fixed on the ground, and it is only after the confusion allows her to move that her gaze shifts towards the girl, eyes wide and mouth slightly parted in shock. When had this happened?! How had this happened?! How -long- had this been happening?! A -Gryffindor- dating a -Slytherin- student?! All but forgotten for the moment are the words involving Rabastan, the boy that had seemingly haunted her every step from the first day they had met. For the moment those rumors are placed on the back burner, and her own words, Alecto's words, soon take center stage. "...You were dating him?" she asks, her voice slightly softer and not as edgy as it had been. "..You were dating that -cad-?" she honestly can't help herself, the words fall free before she looks away quickly, crawling a little further away to scrub. A frown on her face, minutes pass before she continues, the slightest bit of guilt invading her at the girl's words. "....I was wondering when he'd show you his true colors, you know." she says, a little quieter.

Alecto

Yeah, well, let's just not talk about it. Forget I even said anything." She scrubbed the floor more intently then before, like she was trying to wash away what was to late to take back. She only hoped she wouldn't say anything to his friends. The moment had gone by in silence and then she asked Alice what had been on her mind since all the rumors started and because of the comment she made to Missa. So nonchalantly she asked, as if it was no big deal. "Do you, like Rabastan?" She never looked away from her scrubbing, as if they were actually having some kind of normal conversation.

Alice

Well, that was something that Alice wouldn't soon forget. A light frown on her face, the Hufflepuff kept her gaze respectfully averted from the girl, slight guilt now playing on her at the revelation. She hadn't know that. She hadn't been aware of the fact that Alecto had been dating him...and in an odd sort of way, rather than make her feel more triumph at the destruction of something so obviously important to the girl, Alice had begun to feel the ball building at the base of her stomach...the feeling that she only ever got when she had gone farther than she should have in getting her own way. She could only swallow back that feeling and not say a word, for once in her life respecting the request of the girl beside her. Her gaze was still averted when Alecto spoke again. The words caught her off guard, of course, considering she hadn't been expecting them. "Rabastan?" in answer she could feel her head quickly beginning to shake, her darkening gaze still fixed on the ground as she scrubbed. "...Do you honestly believe all the rumors that go around school? He hates me. I hate him. I would have said something sooner...but who would believe me? Who -wouldn't- believe two timing Sirius Black?" a sigh. "Everyone would just assume I was covering up, anyhow. I'm hoping people would forget...but obviously that's not going to happen anytime soon."

Alecto

"I didn't say I believed the rumors." She stated as she still continued to scrub. "I know they are not true. That is not what I asked. Either way..." She stopped for a brief moment and glanced over at Alice wondering if she should say anymore, after all, it was Rabastan's business she was about to speak on. "He will never be serious about anyone again. Andromeda was everything to him. I just thought you should know. Not that I am trying to protect you or anything." Or was she, she said and thought with a small smile, then continued her work once more. Then she also caught on to something Alice said in regard to Sirius. "Two-timing? Are you now trying to tell me something? Not just a rumor I hope. I know Sirius can be many things, but two-timing me is not one of them. Don't write him off just yet. He really does care about his friends, you included, regardless of his recent behavior." They really were having a conversation, and it felt weird, but at the same time....no, she wouldn't think about that.

Alice

"Yes...well...I don't know anything about him." came Alice's answer, her gaze falling only briefly on the other girl after she had spoken. "I couldn't even begin to tell you what Rabastan's past is. He knows as little about me as I do about him. That's why this is so ludicrous...so insane. That why Sirius' rumors are completely untrue." she answers, frowning. Growing silent for a moment, she sighs once again. "...I appreciate your warning, I really do, but it's completely unnecessary. Just speak to Rabastan. I'm sure he'll tell you everything I've just said. He'll clear everything up." Although visibly peaked by the reference to none other than Andromeda, Alice remained silent, abruptly dipping her brush into the bin of water roughly (up to her elbows) before returning her attention to the floor. "Sirius Black is written off in my book." Alice continued without a second breath. "He's had his chance...and there's no coming back after all he's said and done to me, Alecto. I'm sure even -you- can understand that once something's said and out there, it can never be taken back. He'll have to sleep in the bed he's made...and I refuse to believe he considers me a friend. I don't know him. And I don't even feel the faintest need to try at all. There's nothing worse in this world than being humbled by someone you thought was one thing...and completely turned out to be something else entirely."

Alecto

She found it remarkable how she circled around her question. She already knew the rumors weren't true, and she had told her so, there was no need to speak to Rabastan about. There was nothing to clear up in her mind. Still, she was curious if Alice actually liked him or not. "I know all to well on how you can't take back....things you've said." She sat up, stretch her back out, and then threw the brush into the bucket. Believe it or not, Sirius has humbled me. Still, he can be impossible. He's like me,....he doesn't think before he reacts. Something I have always had a problem with. I guess what I am saying is...this is as much my fault too, that we are here. I can't control myself sometimes. It's like something just takes over....and..."She shakes her head and stands up. She looks down at Alice and then precedes to the window and opens it slightly. She pulls out her cigarettes from inside her shirt that are in her bra and then pulls out a cigarette, lights it, and then offers her one. "A smoke?",she asks, reaching her arm out to her.

Alice

By no means was Alice skirting the subject regarding Rabastan. In fact, she all but assumes the other girl has understood, completely and clearly, where the whole situation stood between herself and Rabastan Lestrange. All the same, however, Alice's gaze furtively shifts towards Alecto, her brow furrowing as the girl suddenly stopped scrubbing, tossing her brush carelessly into the bin in turn. She makes no attempt, however, to continue the subject, preferring to allow the girl to stretch quietly and take a minute for a break.
Alice soon finds herself doing the same, leaving the brush cast on the ground and attempting to dry her soaked arm on her robes as the other speaks. "I think too much....I think that's why I can't seem to just let things lie as they will. I think that's why I can't really just forgive people as easily as I should..." Alice answers simply in turn, more to herself than to anyone else. Following Carrow's movements towards the window, she shakes her head when the other offers her a cigarette. "...No. No, thank you." she answered soon after, looking away with the tiniest hint of a smile on her face. "..Those things are bad for you, you know."

Alecto

"What isn't bad for you." It was more of a statement then a question. She inhaled deeply with a sigh of relief. "You might as well get use to it, we will be together for a month. At least this isn't as bad as that kitchen with those bloody house elves skirmishing about. I really hate those things. I'd rather do things on my own then to depend on them." She took just one more drag form her cigarette and then threw it out the window. "So..are you going to the party tomorrow night? Not like we would see each other there, but still, just curious. I must say," she added with an excited smile, "I stayed up through the night preparing for it. I just imagine what I needed and wanted, and there it was. I think everyone will like it. You probably don't care though, huh?" She looked down at her clothes and frowned, another uniform soiled.

Alice

Alice didn't have experience with house elves and neither had her family for several generations, having freed the lot of them from their servitude. In fact, all but ignorant on the subject, the Hufflepuff had only ever been told the barest process of keeping them, and how badly those creatures tended to be treated by their masters. But, all the same, her brow rises slightly at the words of Alecto Carrow, surprised to hear the girl's preference for doing things herself. It is a thought that immediately rouses her curiosity, because her assumption had always been that the Slytherin folk preferred to have things done -for- them rather than the other way around. Her curiosity is what keeps her attention fixed on this elusive girl, who carelessly tosses her cigarette out the window and into the snow. "The party?" Alice asks after a moment, a bit lost. Almost immediately she realizes what the other is going on about, and she checks herself. "Oh. -The- party." A casual look down at her mess of a uniform and she clears her throat. "I don't quite know about that, Carrow. That's like having a zebra walk into a lion's den. At this point, I think it'd do far more harm than good if I were there."

Alecto

"Why?! No one will know who you are. We will all be wearing masks. Honestly, I want everyone to have a good time, no drama for once. So the fact that no one will know who each other is, makes it easy to blend in. That's the mystery about it, anything can happen." It felt like freedom in a way to her, no professors snooping about, no students staring at her and giving her dirty looks. She would be able to talk to anyone. No pretenses, or expectations.

Alice

It was an interesting thought....for once. Listening to the Carrow's near dreamy thought of the party was enough for Alice's tiny smile to widen some, her dark eyes seemingly forever fixed on the elusive girl as she spoke. A Masquerade. She had -always- wanted to attend one....to feel the mystery and the lack of inhibition that came along with it. What would it be like, to go? To be lost in a sea of masks and to hide in the shadows to watch the sea of movement surround her? Granted she had never been one to deceive others. But...all the same....she could not help but wonder. And that look of wonder, in turn, was probably all but apparent on her face. "A Masquerade. Funny." she answered, rising in turn and grabbing the bin to move it to another part of the room. "...It's almost appropriate, isn't it?" she asked. Slightly curious, her gaze came to settle on Alecto. "Who's throwing it? And where...?"

Back to top Go down

Alice Fortescue/Alecto Carrow
Page 1 of 1